Hi all! We are raising money to purchase materials for our upcoming Knitathon to benefit premature babies and homeless people!
Who are We?
We are the Reading University Domestic Do It Yourself Society (RUDDIYS) and we run weekly craft sessions during term time at the University. These sessions cover a variety of crafts, from dream catchers and pom-pom making. They are great fun!
We are running the Knitathon which is an event that has been running annually since 2018. It is a 12-hour knitting session where we aim to knit as many hats as possible in order to help the homeless and premature babies.
This year we are donating the hats to Launchpad, which is a local homeless charity and Wexham Park Hospital's Maternity ward for premature babies in intensive care.
From your donations, the society will be able to purchase wool and knitting needles in order to maximise the number of hats we knit and help as many people as possible.
Where will the money go?
The money from your donations will cover the costs of supplies, posters and transporting the hats to Launchpad and Wexham Park Hospital:
- £150 will cover knitting needles and wool for every volunteer. We expect around 40-50 volunteers throughout the day.
- £50 for printing of posters to advertise the event
- £50 for transporting the hats to Launchpad and Wexham Park Hospital.
- Any left over donations will be put towards next year's Knitathon, to help keep this event shining.
Find us here:
Facebook: Reading University Domestic Do it Yourself Society (RUDDIYS) https://www.facebook.com/groups/1379996312290479/
Please follow us to keep track of our fundraising journey and our Knitathon event.
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog. In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.
If you would prefer to pledge your support through an alternative method to PayPal, please visit the Reading FundSpace online donation form here.
Want To Help Us?
- If you would like to come along to our Knitathon then please do! It will be happening between 8am and 8pm Friday 6th March in the RUSU Boardroom at the University of Reading. We would love it if you could be part of it, even if you are not a knitting expert!