Why the audience needs to watch your film, be brief. e.g. "My film is meant to entertain and make you laugh which is what the world needs today" or "A glimpse into the unexplored story of ...." Imagine you're pitching on Twitter. But without all the hashtags…
Who are you?
Give an intro about yourself and anyone else on your project team. It's good to be brief at this point – real fans can always ask to buy the full autobiography!
Here's your chance to capture your audience's attention! Tell us how what you're doing is unique, interesting, educational, entertaining, worthwhile, wild or socially valuable.
- What are you doing and why?
- Why is this important to you?
- Why should it be important to a donor? What impact will they have by giving money?
Where will the money go?
- What will you spend the funding on if you hit your minimum?
- Where will the money go if you hit your full target?
- What will you do with extra funds if things really take off and you raise more than your target?
- How often will you give updates on progress when you're running your project or campaign?
- It's not a bad idea to have a neat breakdown of costs, something like this:
- Venue hire (one week): £2300
- AV equipment hire (5 nights @£400/night): £2000
- Travel (van hire & petrol): £243
- Production costs: £1000
- Printing costs (200 copies): £60
- Note that all numbers and items above are completely made up!
Images and video
Liven up your pitch with photos and videos to give a better feel for what you're attempting. For example a poster of your film or a behind the scenes video or photographs.
Find us here
Add your website, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or other sites where you'll be giving (very regular) updates during your fundraising campaign. Remember to tell people to "Follow us to find out how we're doing!"
Help us succeed!
- You need as many people as possible to be talking about your project. Everywhere you can think of!
- Ask for help promoting the project – here's an example of the type of thing you might say, to give you some inspiration:
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.