RUPC are crowdfunding to hire a coach to and from the venue for the University Polo Charity Ball on the 16th of March.
The Elvetham hotel is a 25 minute drive away so organising shared travel will be the easiest and safest option (not to mention save a lot of people from spending money on taxis!) We want as many people there as possible in order to raise lots of money for the Stars Appeal Charity that our ball is in aid of. We hope that by crowdfunding for a coach, more people will be able to attend the ball and we’ll be able to raise even more for our charity. We’ll be donating £5 of ticket sales and our raffle tickets on the night making this our biggest fundraiser of the year!
By donating £10 you can reserve your place on the coach, not only that but as the University is kindly match-funding our project, your donation will be worth twice as much!
The Stars Appeal, based in Salisbury, Wiltshire is our chosen charity for RUPCs Charity Polo Ball this year. Social secretary Helen Davies chose this charity to support after Stars Appeal helped out her sister after a serious horse riding accident in April 2016 and burst her spleen. She was very lucky to receive life saving treatment to have her damaged organ removed after having an MRI scan. The Stars Appeal are in the process of raising £1.5 million for a second MRI scanner to help with early diagnosis and save lives at Salisbury District Hospital. We are pleased to say that Kate survived her ordeal and is healthy and happy. She will be attending our ball so it really would mean a lot to us if people could come along and show their support for this wonderful charity.
Reading University Polo Club want to provide the most affordable transport to and from the venue so that the maximum amount of students can attend and therefore raise more money for our fabulous charity!
need to know:
- Reserve your place on the coach by pledging £10
- Pick up will be from Reading train station at 6pm (Ball to start at 6:30pm) and drop off at 1am back to Reading.
Where will the money go?
We will give regular updates to all donors/ball attendees on this project page
Breakdown of costs:
- Coach cost: £475
- Anything we receive above our minimum target will go towards decorations
- Check out our rewards to thank everyone who donates, whatever the amount you might give.
Find us here:
Follow us to find out how we're doing! Take a look at our event page here.
Help us succeed!
- You can help us succeed by pledging support today, any amount will be greatly appreciated! To help us succeed, you can also share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.