A short summary of your project
I'm raising £2640 to fund bursaries for 2 undergraduate students, pursuing research opportunities with the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Programme (UROP) for Maths stuents. UROP allows students to get gain hands-on research experience. This significantly contributes to their transferable skills, employ-ability and understanding of the research environment. I am kicking off this Crowdfunder with £440, which will be £550 when Gift Aid is added, and I am looking to you, my fellow Maths enthusiasts, to help us reach the target. The University will match fund up to £500 - this makes our donations that much more valuable to 2 students, like you once were!
Who are you?
I am Adam Fahn and attended Reading at the turn of the century.
I was the first in my family to attend university, loved Maths at school and was delighted to get in to Reading. Whilst Maths is not something that I intrinsically need for my profession, the discipline and critical thinking it afforded has given me so much. Having conducted industry specific training, I started a career in Facilities Management, and most recently a role with Circular1 Health which has enabled me to join a dynamic and fast paced environment which is integral to fight the good fight against Covid-19.
I had a great time at Reading and would like to help others make the most of the opportunity. I would have loved to have gained work experience with an academic and feel this is a great way of building up one's CV to make the most of your degree when entering the professional world. This is why I have chosen to support the UROP programme and why I'm asking you to help me and the University support 2 students to have this invaluable experience.
Where will the money go?
The money will be provided as bursaries to 2 Maths students applying for UROP. If there are no students applying from the Maths field in 2022 and 2023, the money will be put towards the UROP programme for all students to benefit from.
NB. If we are lucky enough to make more money than the 2 UROPs, or do not quite make enough, the residual funds will be moved to the Enabling Students Fund . This fund supports Reading in its mission to recruit the best students, irrespective of income, ensure they have the fullest time possible when they're here, and leave them in the best situation to make their next move after University.
To claim the reward, please click on it, this will then redirect you to the donation page.
1. An impact report of how you gift has helped.
2. An abstract of the students' projects.
Please note: The above 2 gifts will be available only once the students have completed their projects.
3. Experience the Reading University with a special tour around the campus.
Find us here
To find out about UROP: https://www.reading.ac.uk/urop/
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.